Slang'd Angel's Blog: Calling All Angels....

Friday, April 15, 2005

Calling All Angels....

Hi there everyone....today is a very important message to me because I'm calling all angels...you...my friends who so sweetly sent all your well wishes and prayers this way when Dad was undergoing his surgery. I need your support and prayers again..
As you all may remember, Dad was in the local convalescent center receiving rehabilitation after his hip replacement surgery and while he was there, he seemed to be doing fair at first. As the last week started, he appeared more and more lethargic and borderline delirious...raising much concern amongst the family. Well, unfortunately, he was taken to the hospital on Wednesday and was found to be severly dehydrated and very delirious and disoriented. They ran some tests immediately and stuck him with an IV to begin hydrating him...
Thank God, their first thought of stroke, was ruled out...but what was causing his condition still remained a mystery. They could not get him to come around...its been horrible.
Finally, last night, Mom called, after spending the day with him and waiting for his doctors to show up, she spoke with his doctor and they found out that he has pneumonia (prob. spelled that wrong...lol)...Which even though it is at long last an answer to what the hell is wrong with him...its not a great answer or one that any of us wanted to hear.
So....today..I'm calling out to all my "Angels" for your continued prayers and positive thoughts for Dad....he has been through so much over the past year (someday I'll fill you in on it all....you prob won't believe me, there has been so much)...but he has made it through...we're all just in prayer right now that his poor body can still fight well enough to once again be the Dad we all know and love so much....
I'll keep you all posted on his condition....and please....Keep those prayers coming....hugs to you all...
LISA

5 Comments:

Blogger KC in Fla said...

Concider it done! {{{{{HUG}}}}}

11:58 AM  
Blogger Jude said...

Holy moly..... if you read Debs' blog (first blog link on my sidebar) you will see she's just gone through the SAME thing with her dad!! He had knee surgery, and sounds like almost the same things took place afterwards!

Yes your dad is definitely in my prayers, keep the faith!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Maggie James said...

Thanks you guys....you're the best!! Hugs to all my special Angels...love ya'
LISA

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending lots 'o love your way :)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

That's so weird, Lisa. I got here via Jude's blog. She emailed me and told me about your situation with your dad. Very strange indeed. With my dad, they declared it was his sodium level being too low. I'm not sure if I buy that or not, but it's what they're saying. His chest x-ray came out clear, so it wasn't any pneumonia or anything. My best to you, your dad and your family. I truly understand what you're dealing with.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home