Slang'd Angel's Blog: Rain Rain Go Away...

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Rain Rain Go Away...

OMG...it is pouring buckets outside today...YUCK!!
I dont mind a little rain every now and then ..but this is ridiculous! Just dropped my daughter and her friends off at a local shopping mall and HOLY SH*T...it was raining when we left, but the minute I dropped them off it was like a hurricane out there. Glad to be back home; chillin', listenin' to some DEF LEP..."Slang" ( my fav ) and doin some more writing. Been trying to sit down and get to it for days now, but didn't have the time. Feels good to finally sit down at the comp and bang out some more ideas...a little editing too of my previous manuscript as well; have a publisher waiting to re-read it with the changes added. OOH, fingers crossed...maybe this is it...my chance...finally!?!?! Have heard from a few publishers and lots of feedback from editors who really liked it but not as many who want it...but I guess even one offer is a miracle, right? It's such a competitive market out there....I'm really lucky to have gotten the response I have so far....I know that...believe me, I feel REALLY lucky...I still cant believe that I've even heard back from anyone..so this is all very exciting for me. Wish me luck guys...maybe with a bit more hard work and perserverance...I WILL get published....(keeping that positive attitude...LOL)...I WILL...I WILL...its just gonna take time and making the right decisions.
OOh ..almost forgot...kids got their belts promotions last night. They did GREAT...they were awesome!! I'm so proud...I'll post pics soon!!
So...I'm off to finish my work...just wanted to say HI to everyone...I'll see you all soon.
Have my twin niece & nephews 1st Holy Communion Party tomorrow....then Wrestlemania 21 tomorrow night...Yippee...can't wait...so I'll see you all next week. Hopefully I'll have more interesting stuff to talk about...LOL!!! Have a great weekend everyone :D
HUGS...
LISA

Words for the day: "Slang with me....I don't wanna get my hands dirty....Slang with me...I just wanna get soakin' wet.....All I ever wanna get is SLANG!!!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Jude said...

Congratulations on the responses you've got! And lots of luck to you as far as getting published ~ good work girl! ;)

1:08 AM  
Blogger Maggie James said...

Thanks Jude....I only hope that now...these responses turn into something...ya know??
Thanks for the encouragement...I need it...LOL!You're a doll!

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you'll have fans and everything :D

7:59 PM  
Blogger KC in Fla said...

Hey, good luck with the publishing!Keep us informed!
Oh and tell me your not in one of those areas that got all the flooding sweetie.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home