Slang'd Angel's Blog: Time Doesnt Always Heal

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Time Doesnt Always Heal

I hate to interupt the details of my wonderous afternoon with the Lepps...but I have to make a short entry at this time that means alot to me.
Three years ago today, July 6th, I lost someone very important to me after a long illness with a rare form of blood cancer that was supposedly in remission.
My sister Joan was taken from me suddenly and way too early at the young age of 51. She was my best friend, my confidant and often times, my strength. She always knew the right thing to say just when I needed to hear it and was always my shoulder to cry on as well as my cheer leader.
They say time is a healer...but I must disagree...it still hurts as much today as it did the day she left me. I will miss her every day of my life and she will live in my heart even longer.
"I love you Joan & miss you more than I could ever say......wherever you are- I know you are an Angel watching over me... I Hope You Dance"

5 Comments:

Blogger Jude said...

Awww Lisa I feel your pain in this post and I just wanted you to know that I understand completely. It is never easy losing loved ones, and the feeling of loss never, ever goes away. I wish I could give you a big, long hug. Please know I am thinking of you.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about Joan, Lisa.
I know sometimes thatmemories are not enough, but they do soothe the soul.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Maggie James said...

Thank you for your kind words ladies and thanks for the hug Jude dear. I felt it all the way over here!!! {{{Hugs back}}}
Lisa

11:40 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm so sorry about Joan, Lisa. I know that you have wonderful memories of her....cherish those memories and hold them close. *HUGS*

10:27 PM  
Blogger Funky_B*tch said...

That was my mother I miss her pretty damn everyday and will never forget.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home