Slang'd Angel's Blog: DEF LEP show last night!!!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

DEF LEP show last night!!!

THERE ARE NO WORDS...!!! ( Part One)
Where do I begin to tell you all about my adventure last night?? Well...I don't want to keep you all in suspense so I'll just get right to the point..it was the most awesome night ever!!!
My niece and I arrived at the venue around 3:30 or so and parked about 2 aisles away from the Lep's buses. Just as we were about to leave the car...2 more buses pulled in slowly and headed towards the others. There were small barracades set up around them and one security guard but NO FANS!..I could hardly believe it. So we made our way over and watched the buses park against the curb.
I had my dear LepMate Kate's portraits in hand along with sharpie markers and a printout that I wanted to have signed and waited with baited breath. We were about 15 feet away from the buses and could clearly see each door at the front of the buses.
Suddenly...the door the back bus (they were parked side by side...one pulled up a bit further than the closer one) opened and out walked Sav!! He waved to us and smiled!
Mind you there were only about 8-10 people including my niece and myself waiting there. Next came Phil...out of the first bus and waved and when we called him over he motioned "one minute"with his finger that he'd be back. Then shortly after came Rick , Viv and Joe...then Joe's wife Kristine...followed closely by Phil's son Rory and Michelle with her and Phil's adorable baby girl in tow. Then Malvin appeared and waved to us.
The men disappeared in different directions...some went to their hospitality tent or the bathroom or headed down the nearby ramp (driveway) to head into the arena for the soundcheck. Moments later we heard "Promises" echoing from inside...it was awesome!!!
They sounded excellent!!! We were so excited!
While the boys were rehearsing abit...we did get to see quite a bit of Kristine, Michelle and Rory...Malvin as well. Michelle appeared several times trying to get herself settled with the baby and the stroller , etc....so I called over to her telling her that the baby was beautiful (which she is with a full head of bright red curls) and she smiled to me and said thank you!
I must add....the pic of her and Phil with Samantha on DarrensUk Site do not do her justice.She is an absolutely beautiful woman....and very skinny...pretty friendly as well.

Nearly 30 minutes later...they re-appeared and Sav headed towards his bus again...entered it and then re-appeared several minutes later and came over to us (only 6 of us remained). We chatted for a bit and he signed some autographs and took pics...he was abit shy & quiet but very sweet..."I promise that I'll post those pics ASAP Sandy dear....lol"...Can't keep you waiting too long :D
A bit later...Phil came back to the buses and was helping Michelle with the baby to get back onto the bus then came over to us. Now we were down to 4 of us...it was so cool to be able to chat with him...as usual...he was extremely friendly and talkative...what a sweet guy. He signed things for us and posed for numerous pictures. I gave him the his portrait and he loved it!! He raised his eyebrows and said it was "Great" ...thanked me with a pat on the shoulder and then posed for a pic...(will post that one too...lol) He chatted with us for a bit longer then excused himself and said he'd see us later.
{{Deep breath}}...ok...let's see...who was next???
We shouted over to Malvin...who smiled and told us he was busy running around but he'd be back shortly. And just as promised...he reappeared abit later and chatted with us for some time. I got his autograph as well and showed him Joe's portrait...he was speechless...he said it was awesome (told ya Kate!!) He asked if I wanted him to sign his real name or his alter-ego of "Stumpus Maximus"...lmao...and I told him whichever he wanted. So he signed, "Lots of love, Malvin".
As he was leaving...I told him that Joe had earlier promised that he'd be back (which he did...sorry, forgot to mention that)...so I asked him to remind him and to tell him that I had a present for him. He smiled and assured me that he would and said he'd definitely be out shorlty (Joe that is).
We saw Rory several times more and I asked him for his autograph as he got on the bus. He said NO...and chuckled. So I asked him if when he got rich and famous on his own would he give me one then to which he replied with another laugh, "Maybe" then disappeared into the bus.
We also spotted the band roaming around behind the buses near the hosp. tent, Rick and Joe chatting on their cell phones, Viv and Phil waving to us, Sav just roaming around going about his business. It was really great to be so close and watch what goes on...they're just ordinary people like us...afterall. So we all very polite and considerate by not constantly calling to them or shouting their names. We simply waved or smiled and got the same in return from them while we waited patiently for each of their personal visits.....(to be con'd!)
MORE SOON....
{{HUGS}}
LISA

4 Comments:

Blogger Janna said...

This is fabulous Lisa! So glad you had a great time! Looking forward to more of your Lepp adventure, and I also patiently await your Sav photos ;D

4:49 PM  
Blogger Jude said...

Oh wow Lisa that is great! What a wonderful experience to be able to watch them so close by and have a chance to chat and take pics with them at a more leisurely pace than when they are surrounded by jostling and screaming fans. Good for you! And I CAN'T WAIT to see your pics now, lol

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what I like, girl. :)
Gosh...isn't it graet to be so close.
They're all dolls. :D

11:21 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

One of these days I just HAVE to meet these lovely lads! I'm glad you had a great time, Lisa!

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home