Slang'd Angel's Blog: GOOD NEWS

Monday, April 18, 2005

GOOD NEWS

Hi everyone...just a quick update...and Thank God its finally good news...
It started out as a pretty bad morning..after not sleeping for nearly72 hours and no change in Daddy's condition I was feeling pretty lousy and depressed.
My hubby called me on my cell phone and told me that Mom had decided to have the doctor remove Daddy's feeding tube and that within an hour they would do so...that was a heavy blow...felt like I hit a brick wall. Then he called me back not even an hour later and told me that Dad had woke up. He sat up and was trying to talk to people and wanted a drink of water. It was like someone flipped a switch in him...what a friggin' miracle, eh??? I still can't believe it....I even got to speak with him for a few seconds on my brotherinlaw's cell phone...he sounds pretty shaky and garbled but hey..who cares...HE"S AWAKE!!! He mumbled"Hi Honey" and it was great!!!
He's by no means out of the woods yet...he still has a fever and the pneumonia isn't cured yet...he also has a bladder infection and is really weak...but he said that he wants to live!!! He doesn't want to give up now!!! So..I just figured I'd give you all a quick shout and tell you the good news...
I haven't seen him yet myself but I hope to soon....I'll let you all know how things progress....Thank you all so much for your love and support....I can't tell you how much it means to hubby and me....MUAH...kisses & hugs to you all!!
I had better run...I have a house full of family....please keep Dad in your prayers tonight...he has a long, long way to go!!
With love & friendship....THANKS TO YOU: ALL MY ANGELS!!!
LISA


5 Comments:

Blogger Jude said...

Honey, he stays firmly put in my prayers until you tell us that he's just like a 20 yr. old again! I'm soooo glad to hear that he's coming around ~ now to get him completely better! {{hugs}}

10:20 PM  
Blogger KC in Fla said...

Glad you've gotten some good news! And like Jude said, He's not out of the prayers until he's up and "dancing" again ;-)

8:32 AM  
Blogger Janna said...

Lisa, he is in my prayers too. It's wonderful news that he's awake and talking a bit, and I pray he continues to show progress. God bless him and your family.

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you experienced some happiness/releif today. As you said; it will take time. We are all sending thoughts and energies your way.
Take care, hon.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I hope he continues to improve, Lisa! My prayers are with you all as well. Hang in there!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home