Slang'd Angel's Blog: IAnd in the beginning.....

Friday, October 14, 2005

IAnd in the beginning.....

This is how it all started....
After the band left the stage...Erica and I stayed in our seats to avoid being trampled to death as the arena emptied out. Since we were only a section and a half (approx.) away from the side of the stage where the equipment was stacked..as well as Phil's guitars, his cases and his guitar tech (didn't catch his name) I suggested to Erica that we take a walk over and just have a look see.
I had seen Malvin wandering around over there several times earlier in the night and figured that maybe he would show up again. If he did, I wanted to say hello. Oooh I almost forgot to mention...since my last DefLep concert had led to an exciting afternoon of meeting the band and getting pics,etc....before I left the house, I made sure that I brought along with me a copy of the latest portrait Kate had drawn, just in case. You all know the one I'm talking about...the amazing one of Sav. I mean, with my unbelievable luck...I figured it couldnt hurt to be prepared...just in case, right???
So anyway...I took it out of my purse to have it handy incase I did see Malvin and was gonna possible ask him to take it from me and make sure it got to Sav himself. But...when we got over to the barracade...about 6 feet or so away from us was Phil's open guitar/gear case and his tech was re-stringing and putting away Phil's guitars. So I glanced over, watching him and I was shell-shocked when I noticed the portrait Kate had drawn of Phil tacked to the inside of the case. Memba???The one I gave to him in July @ the Lakewood show???
Check it out???? Look below....
Phil's tech heard Erica and I talking about it (we were kinda loud...I was SO excited) and he over heard us. So he came over to chat with us and asked me if I had given that to Phil. Hence a little more chatting and then another member of the road crew overheard us talking and volunteered to take a pic of it for me so as proof that Phil did indeed still have it. So the above pic is the one that the roadie took for me. Actually it was the second one he took, the first one didnt come out so he asked if he could take another for me. What a nice guy, eh?
This picture above is the one that I took from where we were standing...inside that little red square is Kate's portrait of Phil tacked up inside the lid of his road case. How cool is that??????
So anyway...that guy in the pic is Phil's guitar tech..damn I wish I had asked his name..he was so nice. He saw the pic of Sav in my hand and asked me if I wanted to give it to Sav himself?? DUH?!?!?!?! I told him that we had only come over to have a look see and possibly say HI to Malvin if he was still hanging around and give the pic to him to pass along to Sav if it wasnt too much trouble.
So the tech asked us if we had spoken with the crew manager yet. I said "no" that I didn't even know him..so he volunteered to go and get him for me. Mind you...I never said a word ....I didn't ask him to do anything!!!
He vanishes around the corner to the opposite side of the stage and a few moments later this really nice guy comes over and asks us if we want to come back and give Sav his portrait ourselves!!!! OMFG>>>can you believe that???
I was in shock!!!
He opens the barracade for us and helps us step down and leads us backstage towards the dressing rooms...making sure we dont trip or get run over by any equipment cases along the way...lol. We wind up standing about 10 feet away from the doorway to the dressing rooms/hospitality rooms and he tells us not to go anywhere(like I would) and that he'd go and get Sav for us.
Is everyone ok??? I'm almost done with (with this part of the saga anyway..lol)
Have you fainted yet Sandy???Janna???
Ok...so he goes into the dressing rooms and when he comes out he tells us that Sav had tripped on Rick's drum risers when the band let the stage after their encore (OOh no!!) and that a doc was looking at his ankle or something and he'd be out shortly. But in the meantime...he told us that if anyone asked or messed with us..to tell them to come and get him. He said that we didn't have to go anywhere!!! How cool???
Then...it happened.....sorry girls no Sav yet....BUT....Erica and I are chatting away when all of a sudden....guess who pops out of the doorway?????
...to be cont'd.

10 Comments:

Blogger Janna said...

OMFG!!! How amazing to see Kate's portrait of Phil in his guitar case! I know she must be thrilled over it, and great detective work, Lisa. You were so lucky again!! I'm on the edge of my seat to find out what happened next with Sav's portrait. This is such sweet torture but I love it, lol :D

6:09 PM  
Blogger KC in Fla said...

Alright, this is just sheer torture!! You'd better post some more soon, or I'll have to reach through this thing and....... ;-)

6:46 PM  
Blogger Maggie James said...

Ok Ok...down ladies, down...LMAO
I'm gonna post more very soon before you all hunt me down with torches & pitchforks...lol...I promise!!!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Peach said...

Another great post, Lisa. Can't wait to hear the rest of it. Hmmmmm....guess who it was -- I'll say that you saw Phil first or maybe Sav. That is so cool that Phil has Kate's portrait on the inside of his case. Kate, you are so talented.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Kate...you must be on Cloud 9! :)

I can't wait to hear the rest of this! Don't make us wait TOO long, Lisa!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Ooh Ooh, I hope you saw Phil next. That was so cool of him to keep that in his case!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Jude said...

Wow Kate must be so proud that Phil has her picture in his case!! :) And Sav hurt his ankle??? Oh my baby, I wish I could have been there to kiss it all better!!

Lisa you are putting us through the wringer here dear, but it is probably going to be well worth the wait, methinks!! ;)

1:45 AM  
Blogger Maggie James said...

Sorry to keep you waiting ladies...I'm feeling a bit under the weather today..It started with losing my voice from screaming on Wed.night.And I don't think that walking thru the parking lot in the pouring rain helped either.Then Erica and I went back to the same arena the next night in the rain...again.I took her and her friend Mike to see MyChemicalRomance..we left the arena and had to treck thru the pouring rain again.Gonna take a bit of a rest on the couch..maybe a short nap as well and I'll pick up my story later today...Sorry :D
{{{HUGS}}}to all of you and thanks for your patience.(I know the suspense must be killing you...LOL)
LISA

10:49 AM  
Blogger Jude said...

Awwww, well get better Lisa, that's the important thing!! ((hugs))

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can hardly believe that Kate's portrait is in his case being toted around with him ~all~ the time.

No wait...I can.
It's an awesome piece of work and Phil must truly adore and appreciate it.
I'll bet Kate :D is extremely proud right now.

Jeez, Sav has to be ~the~ most accident prone of the bunch when it comes to "the stage".
Wonder if he still needs those glasses? :D

...on pins and needles here. :)

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home