Slang'd Angel's Blog: "God grant me the serenity...."

Monday, September 19, 2005

"God grant me the serenity...."

Dear friends and "Angels",
I just wanted to Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your constant thoughts and prayers for Dad. Words can not express how much my family and myself have appreciated all your support through the last few months. I love you all!!

It is with a heavy heart that I regret to inform you all that my Beloved Father-in-law passed away yesterday peacefully in Columbia Hospital with his loving wife and eldest son by his side. Unfortunately my husband and several other children and grand-children were not able to make it there in time, which was heartbreaking...but it does help us all to know that Dad is now at peace and will no longer suffer as he did for so long.

I dont really know what else to say...not because I don't want to but simply because I honestly don't have the words right now. My husband and I are sad, stressed, heartbroken, etc.., etc... and extremely busy with the plans for the next few days. Family will start arriving this evening from all over the country and there are so many preparations to make.
I will do my best to post again as soon as our lives calm down and this whole ordeal is overwith. Again, thank you all sooooooooooooooooooooo much for your constant messages of love and support as well as your countless prayers for our Father...trust me when I tell you...you were all praying for a truly wonderful man and tone of the most loved and cherished fathers in the entire world!!! He will be missed more than he could have ever imagined!!
God Bless you all...my dear friends and "Angels"...{{{Hugs}}}
In Love & Friendship-
LISA

4 Comments:

Blogger Janna said...

Lisa, I can feel your sadness in this heartfelt entry. As you said, although your father-in-law was a wonderful person and shall be sorely missed, his suffering is finally over and he can now rest in peace, while you will always have the many sweet memories of your time with him. God bless him as well as you and your family, and please accept my deepest sympathies during your time of grief. My continued thoughts are prayers are with you all. Take care dear one.

6:56 PM  
Blogger KC in Fla said...

Lisa, My deepest sympathy on the loss of you father-in-law. Know that our prayers are with you and yours in this time of loss.
If there is anything we can do, just let us know. And try and remember the good times, and know that he has no more pain.
{{{{{HUG}}}}}}
Peace, my friend.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Jude said...

Oh man I'm crying as I type this! I'm really feeling your pain with your loss Lisa, I know how much you loved your father-in-law and how much you all must be grieving right now. It is always soothing to the spirit to know that they are now being so lovingly taken care of, and in no more pain. But now it's those left behind that must pick up life without them, and that's never easy. Tears are so very healing, and remembering all the reasons why you loved this man so much will be a soothing balm to your heart. Hang in there, please give yourself and hubby a big hug from me. And know that my prayers will continue on for you, and for your family Lisa. God bless,

Love Jude

12:46 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Lisa, I am so sorry for the loss of your father-in-law. I know this is a very difficult time for you and your family, but you can rest knowing that he is in peace now. My thoughts and prayers are with you, sweetie. Let me know if you need anything at all.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home